me

My photo
i live the simple life so to speak, but a bit of an eccentric one. i have an extensive vintage my little pony collection and shelves of only the geekiest lunch boxes around. nerd? perhaps. really i love to collect anything vintage and i enjoy being a big kid entirely too much. i love to sew and make cute things. i am vegetarian; i love to cook and bake. i try and be conscious of the decisions i make in this life. i recycle. i reuse. i compost. i try to live as plastic free as possible. hippy? no. hippies never looked this good in a 50's dress and high heels.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

french applejack!

a few weeks ago, there was an auction for a French Applejack. the auction had no description, no shipping details...just this one lonely picture.

she looks pretty nice in the picture, but I've learned that you can't go on a picture alone or you end up with a trashed pony and there is nothing you can do about it, because you didn't ask any questions. so I messaged the seller, about shipping, about a ton of details that I wanted to know...no response. no responses from sellers worry me. but I really wanted this pony. and her bid was still quite a bit lower than I would potentially be willing to pay for her. so i waited till the last possible minute for the seller to reply to my questions, but still nothing...but what if she ended up being beautiful? for such a low price? so I bid. I bid $40. which is half the amount I would have paid for her. and to my surprise actually, I won! if this pony ended up being in wonderful condition, what a sweet deal it would be. but maybe I had just spent $40 on a pony who possibly has a giant black marker streak going down her back or is missing the entire back half of her hair or any number of possible faults.

three weeks later, today, she arrived in the mail.




and she is perfect!! I am really happy with her. no giant black marks, symbols are perfect and even still have their French trademark metallic paint on them, her hair is beautiful. I love her.

No comments: